Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Through Daddy's Eyes










It was the late spring in '07.  Jay Jr, you were sleeping on the front couch. I went to start catching up on work in my room when I heard the refrigerator door slam.  You and I were the only ones home and you were only 18 months at the time.  I went to the kitchen and to my surprise I found you had managed to sneak an ice cream sandwich.  This was the first time that you had “helped” yourself.  It was too funny, to be clear you actually grabbed to whole box.  I very quietly followed behind you closing the freezer door and followed you to the front room.  I did not say a word I just watched.  You opened the box very nicely and pulled out one sandwich. I managed to grab the video cam we used at the time.  I knew it wasn't the right time for ice cream as it was right during your nap time.  I learned that allowing certain situations the ability to unfold can teach us many lessons.  For you on that day, you learned that you have the ability to figure out how to obtain something you wanted but also have the reward that came from your own abilities.  I was once again, very proud of you son.


I love  you,

John J Ulyak Sr

No comments:

Post a Comment